4.22.2008

♽ Happy Earth Day ♽


For all you treehuggers out there, today is your day!! ;) Actually technically it's the Earth's day, but it doesn't know the difference, so I'll give it to you greenies. Let's all go plant a tree!

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge supporter of all things green and environmentally friendly, but I think lately it's more of a fad and the cool thing to do. It's kinda sad, really. I guess if your need to "be doing the coolest thing" is what gets you to go more "green", then that can only help. My issue is that in a year when everyone moves on to something else, what good will it have done? Really? If you have a strong opinion otherwise, feel free to share. I'd love to hear it.

P.S.- I used to own a green cleaning business, so I know quite a bit about this subject. Soon I'll post a "My favorite green cleaners" post. ;) Look forward to it!

In other not-so-good-news, I had to put my cat down yesterday. :(

VERY sad.

Her name was Naya and she was such a good kitty. Only 8 mos. old, but had Feline Infectious Peritonitis. She was pretty much doomed from the start. Here's a quick pic:


That's me loving on her. ;) She looks a little scared. He he. The vet said to wait at least 6-8 weeks before getting another cat to make sure all of the FIP virus is out of the house. And don't worry folks, it's not catchable by humans.

Okay, I wish you all a wonderful earthy day!

xoxo

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I'll be waiting for your "Fav green cleaning stuff" post!

Nicole said...

Poor kitty! We have decided we are no longer pet owners...there is always something isn't there!!

I am also interested in hearing about the green cleaning stuff!! :)